Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Whirlwhind Past Few Weeks

Hi Everyone!
Sorry I've been REALLY bad at keeping up with my blog! It's been super busy working 40+ hour work weeks and all the travelling I've been doing. A few weekends ago, I went to Cologne, one of Germany's oldest cities and Europe's busiest shopping city.
I stopped by some of my favorites: Gina Tricot....Tommy Hilfiger.... Swavorski.....Lacoste....and Louis Vuitton :D Along with some  German shops....Vero Moda and Jack and Jones.








Koln Dom (Cologne Cathedral)
Another one of Cologne's beautiful sights and one of the oldest, the Dom is beautiful. To climb to the top of the bell tower on the right side is more than 500 steps. The church was built over the ruins from the Roman era (I'm talking BC people) and parts of it are still visible when visiting the catacombs of the church. I've added some photos of the beautiful stained glass windows, some of which were around Pre-WWII and others which had to be replaced following the war. Interestingly enough, the Allies used the bell towers as aerial markers during their 
















We finished off this shopping spree at Wapianos. A delicious Italian Restaurant. One of the really cool watches that was available at the Lacoste store....If only they had one in upstate New York.

Anyways I'll be posting about the past few weeks in multi series posts. Give me your feedback below!

No comments:

Post a Comment