Monday, April 23, 2012

The Good News!

It's hard to believe my freshman year is already winding down. I am going to miss everyone at school so much. I have made so many great friends, and have accomplished so much already. This summer I will be working for the oil conglomerate, BASF's child company Wintershall in Germany. It will require a lot of focus and patience but it will be a great experience! I have already had my work visa approved and I'll be off to Kassel for all of June and July.
Kassel is about a 2 hour drive outside Frankfurt, and is in the same state as Frankfurt, Hessen (Hesse).
Image retrieved from: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn9-pE9TdoznJc0hS80HXqgPOVp-TUPjbPk-31zvAnYS5GsTJtDHi10FLs








Downtown Kassel - View from the office
I'm working in this summer!
I am so lucky that I have such great family friends to stay with during my visit. I missed them a lot in the long period that I didn't see them, but I have been very lucky to do so a lot in the past few years. Germany is such an exciting country with many historical landmarks and its natural beauty. I've included some photos from my trip last summer. 




Aerial View of Wolfhagen (EDIT) (a smaller town outside of Kassel)

Last year I was introduced to a friend of a friend who was cool enough to give me a ride in his plane glider, which was where I got all these gorgeous Aerial pictures. Still convinced he is going to be a great pilot one day!


My friend Kim and I at the Herkules





Last year's trip involved a lot of sight seeing! I'm really looking forward to blending in as a normal German this year...which includes learning the language beyond asking for my for my Apple Strussel! In all fairness, I did pick up the German pretty quick, but I am definitely excited to learn more this  year, and be more conversational. Hopefully by the end Joachim (Kim's Dad) and I can have a conversation without having to have Kim translate basically my every word (Kim if you're reading you are off the hook!)
A beautiful palace in Kassel.



Waterfall again near the Herkules

View of the Alps from Neutschwanstein - In Bavaria (Bayern). Not too close but still so pretty!!
 I can't believe it is just over a month until I go back. That's unbelievable in my mind. I will keep you updated with what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment