Monday, May 21, 2012

Surprise Weekend

So I was at home, being creative, working on my wooden letters to hang on my wall next year in my cozy dorm room, when I got a phone call...... Within a few minutes I went from having a night of chilling in my sweats to going to prom. Prom started within 2 hours of the phone call, leaving only an hour to get ready.... Now most girls, including myself, spend the whole day getting ready. Appointments are scheduled months ahead of time, shopping for the dress begins anywhere from November to December or so, in search of THE perfect dress. Luckily for me, I found that dress more than a year ago for my own senior ball.

As you can tell the dress follows into the ombre style that has been popular for the last year or so. Maybe I was ahead of the fashion curve when I chose this dress because it is also the teal color that is popular for the summer. The dress's ornate beading added to the class of the dress. The reason why I am so enamored by this dress is because of not only its style but also its simplicity. Nothing too GAUDY (Public Enemy #1).

As for my nails, I wore OPI's color Blue My Mind. If you wanted to keep the ombre style going on the nails you could try Greece Just Blue Me Away as the contrasting coat. It does go on a little light, so I would recommend maybe trying a different color from OPI like the What's with the Cattitude? or Fly from the Nicki Minaj collection (Tutorial Here).


I wore a pair of white shoes which I bought while I was in Germany this  past summer. Similar to these:

They were Graceland's (I don't think they have them here), but they are white with about a 2.5 inch heel.

As for my hair, I used a rat tail comb to separate my hair in a side part. I used the comb to tease my hair in the area in front of the crown. I pulled it back slightly to the side and pinned it down allowing for a little poof. I then put all my hair into my pony. I took a piece of the hair and wrapped it around the pony and pinned it in order to cover the hair tie. After, I curled my hair with a curling iron with an inch  barrel. I varied the curl between ones that curled inward and outward to allow for a somewhat natural look.   I finished it of with some hair spray and John Freida finishing creme for extra shine.   (Total time for hair, and I have a lot of hair, 25 minutes!). If I would've had some extra time, I would've straightened some of the pieces that laid flat onto my head to reduce frizz.

For make up, I wanted to continue with the blues and greens family. I used a seafoam green colored eye liner to start with. I then used a medium blue shadow across my lid, and a light blue shadow in the corners to highlight my eye shape. For my lashes I use Maybelline's Volum' Express Mascara Turbo Boost which claims to boost your lashes by seven times. I'm not sure if it's quite seven times the lashes but it is my favorite mascara that I've used so far! They make my lashes look so long and thick. It also does a great job of separating my lashes.  As for my foundation, I used warmth from Bare Essentials and then the fair foundation. I used the vintage peach blush which is just the right because it gives color without looking overdone.

Hopefully I'll have pictures of the dress/makeup soon :) If you have your prom pictures message them to me or comment below.

All for now (I promise I will have less clothing/make up posts as soon as I get to Deutschland at the end of this week).
XOXO                  

No comments:

Post a Comment